Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Thursday, August 10

The long day ahead...

The alarm went off at 5 am this morning... late for our standards but it felt like I could sleep through until about noon. And it showed on the run. My legs felt like bricks, probably leftover aches from the massage on Monday night and the run/strength training Tuesday... well and of course, the day off yesterday. It's pretty lame that a day off can hurt you cause you just get stiff.

So today is a long day... 8 am con call with the UK and a 6:30 pm con call with Singapore.

Pre-Workout
1/2 Pria Bar Carb Select (85 cals)

Workout
7 mile run - With Jess' son Gabriel on his bike... I am always amazed at how a 6 year old can keep up with adults. He has been biking the long runs with us on weekends. This weekend we're doing 14 miles, he MUST be the ONLY 6 year old that can ride a hilly 14 mile route!

Post-Workout
1/2 Pria Bar Carb Select (85 cals)

Breakfast (9 am)
1 cup kashi go lean cereal (140 cals) with banana (100 cals) and skim milk (100 cals)
Coffee (30 cals)

Lunch (12:30 pm)
So here is the deal... almost every day I get the same salad unless I do the soup. So I'm just going to boiler plate it, call is the "Cafeteria Salad" and use the standard calorie count. I have estimated a little high on all portions/calories so that on days where I take a little more than usual, I have compensated in the calorie count. So here are the makings of the Cafeteria Salad:
1 cup lettuce (25 cals)
½ cup veggies (25 cals)
½ cup beans (kidney and garbanzo) (100 cals)
½ cup chicken breast (125 cals)
½ cup tofu (125 cals)
1 tsp balsamic salad dressing (25 cals)

Total for the Cafeteria Salad is 425 so let's round up to 450 for boiler plating purposes. :) Feels good to finally put a calorie count to the dish (face to the name... ok, not that funny, I'm tired).

Afternoon Snack (3:15 pm)
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese (100 cals)

Dinner at the Pro Club (5 pm - Pre conference call with Singapore from 6:30-7:30)
Small cup of vegetable split pea soup (150 cals)
1/2 glass red wine (65 cals)
20/20 Chicken Sausage Penne (390 cals)

After Meeting Snack (8 pm)
Diet Coke (0 cals) - Second pop of the day :(
Apple (100 cals)
1/2 cup pineapple (40 cals)

Total = 1835 cals

Challenges
Just a long day, pretty tired... and I've been craving pop! Dammit.

Big Wins
Not snacking uncontrolably when I was at my desk for most of the day... almost no meetings.

Plan for Tomorrow
I have another early morning conference call at 8 am. So, I'm going to swim for 45 minutes tomorrow morning and come home. Kristina and Fritz are taking us out to dinner tomorrow to thank us for the hardwood floors. So, it will be a challenge to eat well.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Jessica said…

    One little comment: Be wary of that salad dressing. I was reading the salad dressing calorie counts on Panera.com (for their salads) and 2 ounces of their balsamic viniagrette is a whopping 350 calories!!!

    That's why I always use my own, or just vinegar. It's just safer unless I can look it up.

    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home