Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Friday, August 11

Cold morning in Sammamish

Wow... a cold morning in Sammamish. After getting down to the lake in my tri suit, I quickly realized that wearing a wetsuit may have been a better idea. Much colder than it was after the heat wave a couple of weeks ago... but that's to be expected with the cooler temperatures we've been getting. Now that I'm done being a total wuss, I have to say that it wasn't all that bad... it warmed up pretty quickly once I started moving. The lake was pretty calm today, just one ski boat that wasn't too close to the buoys. Great swim overall. Oh, and I met Brian Gurraci... hopefully I will eventually put a face to most of the names on the SBR team alias. :)

I was hoping to see Regan at the lake this morning with Joyous. I can't wait to see that thing, but it looks like I might have to wait until the ride on Sunday. The anticipation is killing me!

Pre-Workout (5:45 am)
1/2 pria carb select bar (85 cals)

Workout (6 am)
3 loops of the buoys in Lake Sammamish (1 mile - love Jonathan Fay's calculator... I think I met him this morning too... is he the one with the yellow Lotus?)

Post-Workout (7 am)
1/2 pria carb select bar (85 cals)

Breakfast (after 8 am conference call... 9:20 am)
1 cup kashi go lean cereal with skim milk (240 cals)
Apple (100 cals)

Lunch (1 pm)
Cafeteria Salad (425 cals)
Diet Dr. Pepper (0 cals)

Total = 935 cals

1 Comments:

  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Yeah, Jonathan (I call him by his email alias, jfay) is the one with the Lotus. We worked together 5 years ago.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home