Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Sunday, August 13

Sun "kissed"?

An added benefit of working out outdoors is the gradual buildup of the sun tan. It seems that it doesn't matter how much sunscreen you put on, when you're in the sun for 4 hours you can't help but get some sun. Today, I think I got too much... I am TIRED! It could also be a sign that I'm at the end of my workout week and I really DO need a day off. Sleeping in is an added benefit of that!

We went out to U Village for breakfast on our bikes today. I finally met Joyous (Regan's new bike), she truly is beautiful. Not to mention, Regan is a speedy little devil on her!

So we biked the 22.5 miles to the restaurant at about 16-18 mph average. We felt pretty good! It was cold in the morning but warmed up pretty quickly. We had breakfast at our favorite place (Atlas Foods), visited the bike shop and headed back the 22.5 miles. The ride home was at a slower pace, partially due to the amount of food consumed at breakfast. Also, I think I didn't have too much left today after the long run yesterday... so sitting down at breakfast stiffened the legs a bit.

Anyways, I didn't keep track today because of the exercise again. I spent 99% of my day either on a bike or away from home. I ate a lot, but I ate ok. The big splurge was on a reese peanut butter bar the Fritz made. DANGER. I have sampled, and now I have not desire to eat the rest of the tray in the fridge. I will avoid it at all cost.

Anyways, the overall feeling is that I still overate this weekend (majorly) so tomorrow I'm back in the tracking game. I'm so much better when I have a schedule. The roommates are going to be going to Boston on Wednesday for their holidays and they're taking Lucy (the dog)... less temptation to eat Kristina's amazing cooking (and Fritz' peanut butter bars). :) I'm also looking forward to some quiet time... with all of the traveling and renovation chaos, I can't wait to just unwind.

Just to sum up the plan for tomorrow. I am going to take tomorrow off working out and just let my body recover. I have an 8 am meeting tomorrow and a pretty long, stressful day. The key will be to eat really well... I'm going to go high fibre, and lots of water tomorrow. And just to prove I can do it, no pop or wine. Actually, let's say no pop for this entire week. Done and done. It makes me crave sweets and more food anyways.

Off to get caught up on some email... so much going on it's not even funny! I think it's going to be a 9 pm bedtime today after some Harry Potter which I finally started to read. Book 5 really is better than the rest and it's keeping me up way past my bedtime!

One more thing to add before I head off to bed soon... I did have one big win today. I just went downstairs to change the laundry and fill up my water bottle. I saw some of the peanut butter bar crumbs on a plate on the counter and instinctively opened the fridge to cut myself a piece of the bar. Picked up the tray, and set it back down. Filled up my Nalgene bottle and SPRINTED (did not walk) for my bedroom. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home