Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Monday, August 14

It really is hard to take a day off...

So I feel like I’m going to have a boring blog post today because I *somehow* managed to take today completely off working out (without any excuse other than to let my body recover that is). Can I comment on whether or not my body feels any better? I don’t know… I will know tomorrow morning when we run at 5 am, lift weights at 6 am and swim at Idylwood at 7 am. I cancelled my 8 am meeting with the UK tomorrow morning just so I could swim. The meeting wasn’t crucial for this week, so I’ll catch up with London over email. I would much rather get in the water tomorrow to make sure I’m prepared for Danskin on Sunday anyways. :)

So that WAS the plan, just got an email from my boss who's in NY this week asking me to join a 10:30-2:30 EST work session by phone. Translation, 7:30-11:30 PST. So, I will make the call tomorrow morning on swimming or lifting when I meet up with the girls. So irritated right now!

Well, here’s the log for the day… not super exciting. The only thing I can say is that I craved pop pretty badly which goes to show that I’m getting hooked again. This week of detox should do me some good.

Breakfast (8:45 am)
Coffee (30 cals)
½ cup low fat cottage cheese (100 cals)
1 package oatmeal (100 cals)
1 plum (30 cals)

Morning Snack (10 am)
Non-fat latte (100 cals)

Lunch (12 pm)
Cafeteria Salad (450 cals)

Afternoon Snack (3:45 pm)
Cheese string (80 cals)

Dinner (6 pm)
2 cups broccoli slaw (60 cals) with 2 tbsp fat free mayo (20 calories)
1 morning star veggie burger (150 cals each) with one piece of whole wheat bread (45 cals) and ketchup (15 cals) = (210 cals)... times 2 = (410 cals)
Glass of red wine (100 cals)

Total – 1490 cals

Challenges
I think stress at work makes me want to drink pop instead of water... it's been a good substitute for something sweet after lunch too. So I was craving it today, but passed.

Big Wins
Eating under control after an out of control weekend. Not working out, when I really wanted to do something. I hope my body thanks me for it tomorrow. :)

Plan for Tomorrow
6 mile run and 30 minutes strength training OR 2/3 mile swim.
Try to keep the eating under control on a workout day, and when the stress level is through the roof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home