Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Wednesday, November 29

Keeping it short...

As promised, a short one. Today I started the detox, and today I stuck to the detox. Here's what it looked like:

Breakfast
Coffee with milk (milk is cheating, but I don't care... I get one treat a day, and this is it)
20/20 shake with 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 cup berries

Lunch
20/20 shake with 1/2 cup berries
1 chicken breast

Afternoon Snack
20/20 shake with 1/2 cup berries
6 cashews (a tip from Regan, to compensate from the lack of fat in the extra lean chicken breast)

Dinner
2 Iserno's Basil and Tomato Chicken Sausages (Tosha's suggestion and I LOVE THESE... 100 cals each)
20/20 shake with 1/2 cup berries

In general, I felt pretty good. The hunger wasn't bad at all, I drank lots of water and a cup of green tea which helped keep the hunger in control. No significant headaches to report... I hear day 4 is the worst. It's nice to have structure, structure has always worked for me when trying to lose weight. However, I'm certain the shakes will get boring. We'll see if I'm still happy on Saturday.

The body is feeling a little better today but walking down stairs and sitting down isn't so nice. I still haven't made it to the gym after the marathon on Sunday, mostly because of the crappy weather (been working from home) and because... I really wanted the extra hours of sleep this week. I have decided to sleep in again tomorrow, so I pledge to hit the gym after work. Saying it just to make sure I stick to it.

Wes, I promise to post pics of the marathon when they're available online. :) Then I'll post some after pics to keep me honest over the next few weeks!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Wes said…

    LOL. I'm going to waste away reading about this diet! Although I am excited about Jodi's whole foods idea. I think I can do that. I just need to figure out if alcohol is a whole food :-)

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Jodi said…

    Good luck Aleks!

    How many days before you get to eat normal food? (ie, no shakes)

    Let us know how it goes!

    Jodi

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said…

    What are 20/20 shakes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home