Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Wednesday, November 15

Girl, Diva, Princess Power

I have to say, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest. In a life where there are so many priorities, it's nice to take one off the list and be able to focus on all of the other important things in life.

So now that I don't have to worry about "finding the one", I am happy to continue finding "the one" in me. Nothing gives me more pleasure than interacting with so many great women and men through training. Whether it's outdoors running and cycling, indoors at the gym or through the blogs, these connections just make me happy. We're all so different, different backgrounds, different stages in our training, different challenges, and yet we all relate.

Nothing represents this more than the 14 women that have already joined the Diva Dash team and the others than have committed to registering. The team roster brings together a very diverse group of women. Ranging from ages 3 to 50, kids size to plus size, iron women to walkers, single, married, mothers, daughters, sisters and grandmothers, we are coming together to just enjoy each other and the sport. One thing is for sure, all of these women are absolutely beautiful in their own unique way.

I'm counting down the days to the dash, stay tuned as I'll post lots of pictures!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:49 AM, Blogger Jodi said…

    Growing up in a houseful of boys (3 brothers), I didn't start appreciating my female friends until several years ago. Now, my IronWomen are my favorite people.

    I'm glad that you are happy with your decision to cool off on the dating. It's so stressful to feel like you have to be searching for someone. People always say that you don't find the right one until you stop looking. I guess we can both test that out!

    Jodi

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger Wes said…

    Here's to girl power! Women ROCK!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home