Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Tuesday, August 15

If you put it in writing...

You have no choice but to commit. So here it is, I am officially committing to participating in the 2007 Pacific Crest Half Iron Man on Saturday, June 23rd. That's right, I said it... it's in writing so I can't back out.

http://www.racecenter.com/pacificcrest/halftridu/index.htm

For my friends and family back home, this is just a "big" triathlon.

1.2 mile swim, followed by a 58 mile bike ending in a half marathon (13.1 mile) run.

Why am I doing this? Because Jess and Danielle said I can. ;) All kidding aside, this is something that I never thought I could do until I met the women I train with every day. After the half marathon this year (which I also never imagined running), I know there is nothing I can't do with the support of this group and some hard work and dedication.

The plan is to do the Danskin Triathlon this weekend, then switch the focus to marathon training for the November marathon in Seattle. After that I will move into a more "normal" workout schedule through the end of December, where I'll recover and spend most of my time planning for the upcoming year. Training for Pacific Crest will begin in early January, details to be determined.

*IF* all goes well at Pacific Crest, maybe I'll find myself doing another half iron man at Troica two months later. Oops, did I put that in writing too? Notice how I said *IF* all goes well. ;) I will of course be found at the Iron Man Canada in BC in late August cheering on Jess and Danielle!

One more thing to blog about... I'm going home! Not going to get as many holiday days as I'd like because we're in the home stretch for our launch, but I will officially be in Ontario from Saturday, August 26th to Sunday, September 10th. Most of this time will be spent working from home or at meetings in Toronto, but it will be nice to get a few days off here and there... and to just be home. :) That's a special shout out to my mom who now reads the blog religiously every morning. Love my mom!

On that note, here's the log for today... so far:

Pre-Workout
½ Pria Bar (85 cals)

Workout
60 minute run – Latosha’s new route, I really like it. It had some nice hills and included our favorite never ending downhill to 40th and then the hill climb to 148th.

Post-Workout
½ Pria Bar (85 cals)

Breakfast (8 am)
Coffee (30 cals)
Pro Club Raspberry Chocolate Muffin (200 cals, 22g of protein)

Breakfast con’t (10 am)

1 package regular Quaker oatmeal for my cholesterol problem ;) (100 cals) with 1 tsp brown sugar (20 cals) and a sliced plum (30 cals) = (150 cals)

Lunch (12 pm)
1 can salmon (125 cals) with 2 tbsp fat free mayo (20 cals) and 1 cup chopped veggies (50 cals) = (195 cals)

Lunch con’t (2 pm)
1 veggie burger pattie with one teaspoon of mustard (150 cals)

Afternoon Snack (3:15 pm)
Apple (100 cals)

Dinner before bike maintenance class (5 pm)
1 veggie burger pattie with one teaspoon of mustard (150 cals) on a piece of whole wheat bread (45 cals) = (195 cals)

Broke down on the pop... one can of Diet Coke Cherry!

Dinner after bike maintenance class (8:30 pm)… and so the day falls apart a little…
Garden salad with croutons, cheese and balsamic vinaigrette on the side... oh, Diet Coke again!

Turkey burger on a bun with ketchup and a chipotle mayo
And to top it off, half of a piece of Snickers cake (shared with Jess) and leftover apple crisp and ice cream
Total calories for dinner, lots… gotta move on.

Total = Don't want to know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home