Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Friday, October 13

Friday the 13th Weigh In

Today I faced the scary truth. I haven’t weighed myself in three weeks, before the wedding week actually. So here’s the scary truth part… up 3.4 lbs to 155. I would like to blame it on the wedding, on being sick and on having an insane job with lots of travel and stress. But really, I still make time to workout 6 days a week… why am I wasting all of the effort? Why do I weigh 10 lbs more than last summer when I only played soccer a couple of times a week and drank like a fish? I can only blame some of this on muscle gain!

There is a lot of motivation for me to get back to goal weight… the beautiful women I work out with, my skinny jeans, my skinny tops, and the biggest motivator… the marathon. I want to have a strong run and have fun while I’m at it. I want to be at 145 come marathon time… that is about 6 weeks away. 140 by the time I go home for Christmas. Tough goals… did I mention that I’m in Paris for work next week? The capital of food and drink? Jet lag, all day meetings, agency dinners, no sleep. But I can’t forget… is there a more beautiful place on earth to run? Two routes that keep me sane in Paris:

Notre Dame (5.5 miles)

Louvre (6.1 miles)

Baby steps right? Start right… have a plan for Paris. Yes, I will start with the Paris plan this weekend. Then I’ll go from there.

Hope you’re all having wondering Fridays! Here's the data for today:

½ pria bar (85 cals)

60 minutes spinning and weights with Jess (650 cals)

20/20 shake (290 cals)
Coffee in milk (30 cals)

Sandwich (450 cals)


1/2 apple (40 cals)
Oatmeal (170 cals)

Quarter chicken, leg quarters, no skin (190 cals)
1/2 cup spanish rice (140 cals)
3/4 cup broccoli salad (115 cals)
3/4 cup greek salad (45 cals)

Total (1555 cals)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    Those routes are sweet! You are soooo lucky. You can get down to 145 for the marathon. Just remember you need energy to burn for training and the marathon!! Rock-on, girl!

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Actually, I don't think 145 is a reasonable goal for the marathon. Sorry, darling - your body has too much work to do to afford to lose weight, even fat, right now.

    I think 150 is reasonable, though. But you have to eat perfectly every day, and you have to eat ENOUGH - seriously, minimum I would say 1800 cals/day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home