Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Monday, October 2

Wedding season is officially OVER, but it was costly!

The last post I had was my super inspired, going to go out and conquer the world post after the crappy running article I read on Tuesday morning. And I was inspired! I got to enjoy one of Westminister's beautiful parks (Mundy) and had a great run. Then I went to bed.

It seems as though the traveling and lack of sleep finally caught up with me. I woke up with a sore throat on Wednesday morning and that pretty much put a damper on the rest of the week. It quickly got to the coughing, sneezing, no energy, drippy nose stage. I thought I could take a day off and get right back at it but I was so wrong. The wedding events coupled with sleeping on random couches, futons, blow up mattresses with different family and friends made for a long recovery period. When the wedding rolled around on Saturday and we were taking pictures in our tube top short dresses I knew I was doing myself in.

I got about 4 hours of sleep on wedding night and could not sleep last night. I was hoping to get to the gym this morning but at 12:30 last night I knew that 4.5 hours of sleep wouldn't cut it and would not help me get over this cold.

Soooo... I took the extra 3 hours of sleep. I can't believe I have been sidelined since Wednesday and I'm still not feeling great. I cancelled my plans for tonight and headed straight home after work so that I can hit the sac early. I'm meeting the girls at the gym for a run at 5:30 tomorrow morning so I need to get some good sleep!

The most disappointing part of last week was that I was in beautiful Vancouver which was the perfect venue for a long run. So much for that. Sarah was nice enough to offer advice on where to run, and I was out of commission! The benefit of having family there is that I will return... and I plan on checking out the best places to run!

Now the bad news... last week was a write off when it came to diet and drinking! Some TMI... I was PMSing, sick and staying with daily pot smokers... dangerous combo! I don't smoke pot and I have nothing against the choices my cousins make, but their "munchies" did not help my cause. It's not even funny... every night... pot. Following the pot, well... I can't even talk about it. I don't know how many times I have said this, but today is a new day. And it was.

Oatmeal (160 cals)
Apple (75 cals)
Cafeteria salad (450 cals)
Pria bar (170 cals)
Hulled barley (200 cals)

Shrimp scampi (400 cals)

Total - 1455 cals

3 Comments:

  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    I know you are not feeling well, but you are going to waste away on 1000 calories. Get well soon :-)

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Aleks said…

    Just updated with dinner. :) I can't live on 1000 calories!

     
  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger Wes said…

    Sorry, I forgot you were in a different time zone :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home