Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Tuesday, October 3

What's in a routine?

There really is something about being on a schedule and having a set routine. Whether it’s the support of my training partners or knowing what the daily plan is, it never fails to get me back on track after a bad day/weekend/week.

I got a decent night’s sleep last night and met Jess and Kathy at the gym for a 5:30 run this morning. Have I mentioned before that summer is over and it’s really dark and chilly in the mornings? ;) Jess and I were sporting our new reflective running bibs (pink of course... see hyperlinks if you're interested). We were out for 6 miles and back in about 1:06. About 10 minute miles taking into account that we were stuck at some lights. We got back to the club at 6:30 and the sun hadn’t even peaked it’s head yet!

I have pledged that I will dedicate more time to the all important weight training so Jess and I followed up the run with an upper body and core workout. I haven’t done weights in a few weeks so I know I’ll be cursing her tomorrow (and the day after no doubt)!

Here’s the data so far. Tonight is a date night (yes, same match.com guy we talked about a month ago). I have given up alcohol altogether after last week’s wedding bender. Not one sip of alcohol until after the marathon on Thanksgiving weekend. Good thing date guy isn’t a drinker! :) We’re also cooking tonight so I don’t have to stress about taking a huge hit on the calorie count.

Pria bar (170 cals)

Pro Club shake (290 cals)

Rainbow roll (350 cals)

Chicken (150 cals), grilled veggies (100 cals) and salad with dressing (80 cals)

Grapes (50 cals)

Total (1190 cals)

6 mile run and 30 minutes of weight training (925 cals)

3 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Mr. Daddy Lee said…

    Hey your blog has been reviewed and received great ratings. To read about what has been said about this blog go to http://bloggerreivew.blogspot.com

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Sounds like a solid plan, Aleks. I too gave up alcohol until my next half... also Thanksgiving weekend, but for us Canucks that next weekend! :) Anyway good job on the morning run - I thought I was out early this morning at 7! Haha.

    Sarah

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    Woohoo! Hot date for Aleks! Glad you are feelin better and back on track. You are running a Marathon for Thanksgiving? Double woo hoo! I'm doing a 5K. Bet I can beat you ;-) Can you tell I got enough sleep last night? LOL. I really need to try those early morning runs. I'm just too damn lazy to get out of bed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home