Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Friday, October 6

The things you'll give up: Part 2

So here it is... I'm addicted to high heels. But how can you NOT be? They're so pretty and come in so many beautiful styles and colors. And they make you look SO GOOD. I am convinced that I look 5-10 lbs lighter when I wear heels. Something about the high heel just gives you that long leg and sexy hot walk!

But let's face it... not so good for runners. For one, orthodics and heels just don't go together. The other, everyone and their mother warns against wearing heels especially if you pronate (which I do). I know, it's not good for me and today I took the first step and wore flats to work. I want to pull a Jess and say "but they're sooooo cuuuuute" but this is one battle that I wouldn't even win with her. So I'll work on it... it will require hemming jeans that are meant for heels, but it's the right thing to do. I will also have to alter my preferences and shop in the flat section of the shoe store and hope I can bypass the sexy heel zone. But I will make a concerted effort!

I have a long run planned for tomorrow (16 miles) and should have probably taken it a little easy at the gym today. Not so much. I went to Danielle's spin class and no matter how much I tell myself that I will take it easy and just spin to get ready for tomorrow, it never happens. Danielle just pumps me up. Her music, her attitude and her smile. You can't beat it... not any instructor has pushed me as hard as she does!

Then Jess and I headed down to the weight room to work on our wannabe hot upper body and arms. I hate her. I'm going to hate her more tomorrow when I'm trying to run and my chest is burning with every bouncy step. One thing is for sure though, I will hate her a little less when I start to lose the fat and see the definition I've been searching for! I hope for her sake. ;)

Here are the stats for today:

1/2 Pria bar (85 cals)
20/20 ProClub shake (290 cals)
1/2 banana (50 cals)
Coffee with milk (30 cals) - I REALLY wanted a latte but decided to save myself the extra 80 cals, it took a lot!

Au Bon Pain Vegetarian Minestrone soup with added chicken (245 cals)
Non fat latte with 1 pump sugarfree vanilla (125 cals)
Pria Bar (170 cals)

1 hour spin class and upper body (700 cals)

Total (995 cals)

3 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Wes said…

    Mmmmmmmm. High heel shoes... Sexy!

    Think of flats as a new shopping challenge. You do like to shop, don't you?

    Hate Jess? Riiiight! :-) We'll all be ripped like here someday. Which reminds me I need to start some core exercises. But first! Got to get my bike fixed TOMORROW :-)

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Regan said…

    Congrats on recognizing you need low heels. I love flats myself! LOL. Let me know and I'll go shoe shopping with ya.

    Hugs,

    Regan

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Yes, cute ballet flats. I have a bunch of cute flat shoes. AND - it's A LOT MORE for me to give up than you, since I'm only 5'3". And I work with all men who tower over me. Thank goodness my huge personality makes up for it all. :-)

    Okay, seriously, you might hate me tomorrow, but I know you're going to love me in a month. HOT SEXY ARMS! And we'll shop for tops that show them off. And wear them with our flat shoes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home