Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Wednesday, December 20

Hola!!!

Yes, I'm still alive and can't believe that I haven't posted since December 8th. To be honest, it's just been so hectic. I left for my 3 glorious weeks at home (Ontario, Canada) on Friday morning. The last week at work was just insanely busy, and the nights were filled with Christmas parties and shopping and preparing for my long trip home!

Jessi said it best, I'm just tired. I have been working out but not the 6 days/week that I'm used to. I decided that it was more important to get sleep and eat really well... and as a result, I'm feeling much better and am down 11 lbs since the marathon! I'm back to eating balanced meals, and am going to spend most of my holiday time trying out all of the recipes from Jodi's recipe blog! I LOVE TIME OFF WORK!!!

Ok, I say that, but I have a hard time really taking time off work. For one, I worry about what shit might hit the fan while I'm out of the office. Secondly, I'm now in
Peterborough. Don't get me wrong, I love Peterborough, but there are only so many things you can do here. Yes, we are the home of the highest hydraulic lift locks in the world... but we also have more senior citizens per capita than all but one other city in Canada! Not a lot to do around here and you can only go down to THE MALL in town so often!

I love spending time with my parents... but I'm here for over 3 weeks! The panic started to set in a little over the weekend, OMG, what AM I going to do for 3 weeks without my friends from Seattle?!?! The answer came to me this morning. Today I met
Kirk at the gym. I am linking to his blog in hopes that this will pressure him to post (sorry my friend). Kirk and his wife Ange are my favorite people in Ptbo. They are just a lot of fun... it's non-stop laughs when we hang out! They are both very active people and love sports! Tonight I'm going to their indoor co-ed soccer game!

After the gym we went back to their house to have breakfast and catch up. Thank God for them! Side note, they have the cutest kid I have ever seen... 8 months old, teething, wakes up from a nap and is all smiles. I pick her up and she says "hi". No crying for mom, no after nap grumpiness... just a big smile and "hi". So we're planning on doing the morning gym thing most days while I'm here, I really hope they don't get sick of me! They will keep me sane!

So that's all for now... more on what I plan to do while I'm in Ontario tomorrow. :) For now, I must create my shopping list for those recipes...

2 Comments:

  • At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL. You should be able to find some really wicked bingo matches going on then :-) And if you are going to be doing some cooking, I'm entirely jealous! I'm trying to get a pumpkin bread recipe from Michelle over at Back of the Pack. It sounds yummo! Hopefully, while I'm off next week, I'll get to make some good recipes. Happy Holidays!

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said…

    Shit hitting the fan while you're gone......I hear ya soul sista.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home