Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Wednesday, December 6

Water Consumption

Some days it goes down soooo easy, other days it does not. Today, I’m struggling to meet the water quota. My cute, purple 1 liter Nalgene bottle is looking at me saying… green tea, though it suppresses your appetite, is NOT a substitute for H20. And why is it well after lunch time and you haven’t downed one of me yet?

I think I have a theory for the poor water consumption performance today. I drank A LOT at the gym this morning. I did a cycling class (side note, most boring class ever… endurance ride with… BRUTAL MUSIC)! The only good thing about the class was the eye candy! :) Back to water, I drank about 1.5 liters of it in that class. Then I did some strength training and before leaving for work I finished another liter. Right now, I’m struggling… but I’ll play the mind/body game in honor of Jodi and Wes.

Mind (while Body is staring at the water): Drink your water!

Body: But I don’t waaaaannnnnaaaaa…

Mind: But you have to!

Body: No I don’t!

Mind: Yes you do!

Body: No, I’m hungry!

Mind: You JUST ate your lunch. You’ve eaten enough, you just think you’re hungry because you’re dehydrated. Drink up!

Body: I’m not rational, I’m all about my “gut” feeling.

Mind: That’s why you have me… to tell you that you’re on track and you’re going to stay on track. Key number one, stick to the food plan. Key number two, stick to the hydration plan. Even you thought you were looking sexier in the mirror lifting weights this morning! Don’t give up! Jess says don’t slide!

Body: Blah, I hate it when you’re right! Gulp, gulp, gulp…

On that note, I have emptied the Nalgene in the time it has taken me to write this post. Off to the water cooler for a fill up… pit stop, washroom.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I have the same problem! Some days, the water goes down ok. Others are a complete fight to the end. Sigh. I *finally* updated my blog by the way.. I'm afraid it's been too long :)
    Sarah

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's amazing how much of an impact proper hydration is during the work week. Sounds like you are on top of it. Great inspiration for the rest of us too!

     
  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger Wes said…

    Little sis runs around with one of those water containers too. Not me. I get my hydration from coffee :-) And green tea at home :-) So, ummmmm. Maybe I need to drink more wata...

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Regan said…

    I know it's a struggle, but you're right when you say good hydration is a part of the plan. I read something somewhere that 8oz of water can perk you up as much as 8oz of coffee! That's because most people don't get enough water. So drink up! And you're also right about one other thing - is h20 you need, not tea, coffee, pop, etc. It all doesn't count. 64 ounces of h20 (outside of your workout!) and you're set!

    Regan

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Yeah, don't go to the 6 a.m. class. Go at noon to Danielle's. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home