Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Friday, August 25

If you blog it, they will come!

Well, it's almost 11 pm and it's been a very LONG day. Had my annual review and found out our team was getting reorged all in one day. I am now going to be reporting to another manager who I get along with very well! This is great news, I had been pushing for this move to this other team for about a month... I can't believe how the cards fell out on this one. I'm sure we'll reorg again in a month (we've had many this year) and I'll be somewhere else. In the meantime, I'm going to soak this up. :)

So ANYWAYS, my new manager and I went out to celebrate after work with some others on my new team. I didn't get home until 9:30 and I still had to pack! But I made a promise, to myself and Regan, that I was going to blog my workout plan for the next two weeks. So here I am, ready to sleep but still blogging. I'm actually doing this because I know that if I write this down, I am going to have to stick to it... for myself, and because I know I'll hear it if I get lazy when I'm away from the regular workout crew.

In general, I think I will be ok with most of the workouts. My biggest challenge will be the 3 long runs I have to get ready for the marathon. To date, I have been running those with Jess, so I haven't had to deal with boredom. I even ran the 1/2 marathon with Jess and Danielle this year. But I have to get used to it. I am going to be tapering later than the girls since they're running the NY marathon 3 weeks before I run the Seattle marathon. Plus, I'll be running half of the Seattle marathon alone (bless Jess, she agreed to run the last half with me for the support).

So here is the plan, two weeks (three weekends) without the girls. After the spinning class this morning, Danielle spent some time with me layout out the training. We are so lucky that we have her as our friend. She really knows her stuff and is so generous with her time. Hmmm... I wonder if you're all going to place wagers on whether or not I'll stick to this entire plan!?!?!?!

Saturday, 8/26 - Travel and rest day (with a long soak in the jacuzzi)
Sunday, 8/27 - Boom, right off the bat. Long run, 14 miles at a lower heart rate

Monday, 8,28 - 60 minutes in the pool, core workout
Tuesday, 8/29 - 3 mile interval run outdoors (1 minute intervals)
Wednesday, 8/30 - 30 minutes cross training (aerobic), 45 minute strength training
Thursday, 8/31 - 3-4 mile tempo run on the treadmill
Friday, 9/1 - OFF (Wedding!!!)
Saturday, 9/2 - 30 minute cross training (aerobic), hotel plan strength training
Sunday, 9/3 - Long run, 14.5-15 miles at a lower heart rate

Monday, 9/4 - 60 minutes in the pool, core workout
Tuesday, 9/5 - 3 mile interval run outdoors (1 minute intervals)
Wednesday, 9/6 - 30 minutes cross training (aerobic), 45 minute strength training
Thursday, 9/7 - 3-4 mile tempo run on the treadmill
Friday, 9/8 - Rest
Saturday, 9/9 - Long run, 15-16 miles (another wedding)
Sunday, 9/10 - TBD (may have a hangover and I'm traveling back to Seattle)

Ok, so it's on the blog and now I have to stick to it! As I think about it, what I may do on the long runs is have my parents drive me out to the country and leave me out there to run home (with cell phone of course). That could work...

Have a wonderful couple of weeks eveyrone! Luckily I can blog and read all of your blogs from the East coast! :)

One sleep (even though it's only 5 hours) from seeing my mom and dad. :)

4 Comments:

  • At 6:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good luck Aleks! I know it can be hard sticking to a workout plan while traveling but you can do it!

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Regan said…

    Have fun, Aleks! You will be missed! I'll be reading every day. :) I'm SO impressed at your commitment!

    Excellent idea re: your long runs! Way to think creatively, girl!

    hugs hugs,

    Regan

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    I'll be checking up on you daily. :-)

    Just remember, if you can't do it all, do what's most important - and I'd say that's the long runs at lower HR.

    See you in two weeks! I miss you already!

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    Yea, I'll second that! Your heart is in the right place, but don't be afraid to make adjustments on our account. I'm excited for you and your mom and dad!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home