Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Thursday, August 24

The Countdown

I'm officially excited... it is now Thursday and I'm flying to Toronto at the butt crack of dawn Saturday morning. I am counting the minutes until I get home to hang out with family. There is something really sad about my excitement though. It has been almost 5 weeks since I've had to travel (the longest stretch by 2 weeks since I started in January)... and I'm really looking forward to the... ready for it... flight!?!?!

With all of the drama in the air these days, I should be dreading the trip to the airport, the check in and the security lines. But the 100% honest truth is that the only place these days that I can't be reached via cell or email ( thanks to that damn Smartphone ;) ) is 30,000+ miles off the ground. I really need to disconnect more often, and I keep saying that I will when things settle down at work but the light never seems to get any closer.

I have said this all along and I will repeat it again... my morning routine with the girls is really my only vacation away from the daily grind. That is one thing I will NEVER give up, even it it means I can't go on those late night dates to find the man of my dreams. The man of my dreams is just going to have to add "morning person" to the resume! ;) Seriously though, this is my lifestyle... not a 2 month commitment I've made to lose a few pounds. These women make exercise so much fun that I don't ever want to miss out on a workout (even at 4 am in a cold and dark Seattle).

Anyways, we made our way out for a short run today nearing the end of a long week after Danskin. 4 miles loop near the Pro Club at a 10 minute pace. Nothing exciting to report except that yup, it still seems to be getting darker and darker each morning. :) Oh, one more thing... I was 5 lbs down this morning from Monday. That just goes to show that you should NEVER weigh yourself the day after a big effort like that. Getting back to meal tracking helps too! I am still 8-13 lbs off my goal... we'll see when I get to 8 if the other 5 will be necessary.

One more thing, Regan has officially posted her blog!

Pre-Workout
1/2 Pria Bar (85 cals)

Workout
4 mile run

Post-Workout
1/2 Pria Bar (85 cals)

Breakfast
20/20 Chicken Sausage Egg Wrap (250 cals)
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese (100 cals)
Coffee (30 cals)

Lunch
Cafeteria Salad (small today) (400 cals)
Apple (100 cals)

Afternoon Snack
Banana (100 cals)

Dinner (accidentally ran into Jordan and we had another birthday dinner... more desert!)
1 glass of red wine (125 cals)
Small cup of pea soup (100 cals)
Seafood stew (400 cals)
1/3 apple crumble (250 cals)

Total - 2025 cals (again!?!?!?!?)


3 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Paolo T. said…

    Hi! how are you? I'm fine... This blog is very interesting, and i think you are very clever... You can visit my blog paolo1989alba.blogspot.com
    excuse me for my english, but I'm italian...

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    You have a nice safe trip. Leave all the worries behind for a short while. I think you and the princesses are just, well, cool. I weighed in this morning too, and I'm down six pounds from when I started all this stuff, no doubt spurred on by my sub-1500 calorie day yesterday. But I got SO much more to lose then you :-)

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    You need to stop saying how great we are. It's going to go to our heads! Plus, we love you too anyway. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home