Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Monday, August 21

8:19 pm... still at work...

Well, it's 8:19 pm and I'm still at work... figured I would take a quick break to post my day! This morning we had planned to do Danielle's spinning class for a good, active recovery workout. Jess mentions this in her post as well, that didn't happen. With Danielle's music pumpin' and little miss Regan kicking all of our asses, I felt the need to push it. And it was fun and worth it... I love Danielle's spinning classes!

Afterwards, Danielle, Regan and Jess went off to the weight room to get in some strength training. I felt like I needed to just get in the zone today and do some weights on my own... you know how some days you just need to regroup inside yourself, and set your goals for the week? That was me this morning... headed down to the dark room and did some upper body and core circuit training. It felt good, had the iPod going and just pushed everything else out.

I'm hoping that the lack of a true active recovery doesn't kill me on the 8-9 mile run that Jess has planned for us tomorrow morning. I really do find this fun, not sure why, I just do. Plus, I want to get back into a good groove. I did nothing but workout and eat everything I wanted leading up to the race, and it's time to get back on it. I made the big mistake (according to Jess) of weighing in this morning. What a shocker! But she assured me that my muscles were soaking up a lot of water and that it was not a true indication of what I weighed. As usual, she came to the rescue with some solid advice of just hydrating a lot today and getting back to the meal tracking. So here it is:

Pre-Workout
1/2 Pria Bar (85 cals)

Workout
1 hour cycling class
25 minutes strength training

Post-Workout
1/2 Pria Bar (85 cals)

Breakfast
Cereal Mix (230 cals)
Latte (100 cals)

Lunch
Au Bon Pain Black Eyed Pea Soup (180 cals)
1 piece whole wheat bread (90 cals)
1/2 package Peter Pan peanut butter (65 cals)
Cheese String (80 cals)

Afternoon Snack
Energy Snack Bar (115 cals)

Dinner
We're working late tonight so we snuck out to grab a quick dinner at the Pro Club (LOVE THE PRO CLUB 20/20 MENU). Despite wanting a big drink, I said there would be no wine this week and I'm sticking to it. Same goes for pop... no joke.

1/2 ahi tuna appetizer (100 cals)
20/20 Chicken Sausage Penne (390 cals)

Total - 1520 cals (if only all days were on target)

It's getting late and I have said it a million times, work will not cut into my daily "holiday from life" (working out with the girls). So I'm going to head home and get some sleep... 5:15 am start tomorrow!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:10 AM, Blogger Wes said…

    I think I need to have a come to Jesus moment soon about my diet. I assume the weight I put back on after this weekend is mostly over hydrating myself after all the soccer games I reffed. So, do you diet based on your target weight? Or are you dieting to loose weight? Or both? I guess my question is do you diet to maximize weight loss... Excellent job on the race BTW!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home