Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Saturday, August 19

Twas the night before Danskin...

When all through the house, not a triathlete was stirring, not even a mouse! The race belt was hung, from the door knob with care, in hopes that race day, soon would be there!

This princess was nestled all snug in her bed, while visions of T1 danced in her head. Jess in her cool shades, and Danielle in her pink hat, had just settled in, for a long summer nap. When out of the pack, there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the start line I ran like a flash, I tore through the crowds and started a clash. The sun on the lake shores all full of glow, gave a luster of midday to the women below! When, what to my wandering eyes should appear, but a miniature Regan, in her sexy tri gear.

With all four tri princesses, strong and quick, I knew in a moment, this would be a kick! More rapid than elites, we four women came, we swam, biked and ran, like a blistering flame.

We arrived at the finish line, tall as can be, together we achieved, what we first couldn't see! But we knew we would make it, we knew it was clear, we would move past those crowds, all the way from the rear.

Now this is just the start, of what is to be, a beautiful friendship, and the start of PPTC!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    That's pretty sweet! Four tri princesses eh? Look forward to hearing your race report Aleks! Can you tell my family and I are soccer nuts! Do you still play? Dee Dee and I try to play in the Coed league when our busy life allows.

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Aleks said…

    I played in University in Ontario Canada, and up to 6 months ago after moving to the West coast in May 2005. Then I caught this bug called triathlon and long distance running training (thanks to yes, Jessica... who kicked ass at Danskin today)! My late night soccer games had to take a back seat to the early morning workouts. I sometimes miss soccer (especially coed), but that place has been filled in my heart with the amazing women that I train with every day.

    In Jess' blog today, she mentions all of the tri princesses - herself, Regan, Danielle and me. We just decided that we should officially name our group and came up with Princess Power Triathlon Club (PPTC).

    Danielle is a triathlon coach, personal trainer and group fitness instructor. She specializes in helping mom's, children, and overweight individuals achieve goals that they never imagined they could achieve.

    We decided on our colorful name partly because we wanted to wear pink, and mostly because we want a big part of our focus to be on motivating young girls to be active, no matter what sport it is. We had Jess' beautiful daughter in mind when we did this. What 3 year old doesn't want to wear pink and a tiara?

    Danielle is officially branching out and starting her own business and we wanted to tie the PPTC in with that. Once all websites and official logos are set, we will share with everyone!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home