Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Tuesday, August 22

The morning after... the morning after

So we all know by now that the second day after a big effort we're most sore (and if anyone has seen any articles about this I would love to read them). Today we decided on a pretty flat 7.2 mile run starting at 5:15 am. It's a little sad to see the summer slipping away. It was pretty dark when we started and it's obvious that we'll soon be bundling up for our morning runs.

Anyways, it probably would have been a good idea if we had really done an "active recovery" workout yesterday instead of a "keep up with Danielle workout". Jess and I were feeling it this morning! We went out with the usual morning run crew, Nancy and Latosha. I have to give a huge shoutout to them because they are always so kind and work around our irregular workout and job schedules. Needless to say, they were extremely patient with us today because we were slackin' big time!

So we finally rolled into the club and ran into miss Regan at the front entrance. Miss Regan who's like "oh, you guys are sore?" and "I feel fiiiiine!" :) Ok really? What are you on cause I need some of that!

Oh, I mentioned to Wes that we were talking about making a trip to his hood, doing a little bike tour and eating at his two restaurants. :) He suggested that we do the "Tour de Georgia"... which looks amazing!

http://www.discoveradventures.com/tourDesc.asp?id=TDG7

Before I continue, I need to call out how I have to learn to do two things for my blog which I'm sure are simple but I have yet to explore enough to figure it out. First, it's to disguise the link with the name, as in Tour de Georgia hyperlinked to the website. And the other is to add the blogs I read to the side bar of my blog. So, that will be coming soon and if you have quick tips on doing it, please comment. :)

Back to The Tour. I know we've been talking about doing the Tour de France, but how much fun would it be to do this as a warm up? "Stay three nights, ride three days, watch three stages and head home!" AND it's family friendly?!?!? I seriously think we should consider it... now if we can only make Georgia appealing to our non-cycling company. Not to dish on Georgia, but I am originally from Ontario, Canada and my knowlegde of US sightseeing is limited to say the least.


Well, I think I have wasted enough of your days, so here's the food diary for the day.

Pre-Workout
1/2 Pria Bar (85 cals)

Workout
7.2 mile run at a less than inspired pace

Post-Workout
1/2 Pria Bar (85 cals)

Breakfast
Cereal with banana, skim milk (400 cals)
Coffee (30 cals)

Snack
1/2 of a package of cafeteria Peter Pan peanut butter... ok, I was starving before lunch and it was the only thing I had in my office. 400 calories at breakfast, I didn't think I was going to be hungy! I downed it and threw out the rest cause I knew it wouldn't last sitting in front of me. (65 cals)

Lunch
Pro Club 20/20 Chicken Sausage Pasta (yes, again... 390 cals)
And Jess reminded me that I was not drinking pop this week. :)

Afternoon Snack
Apple (100 cals)

Dinner
Everyone needs to get Cosi (www.getcosi.com)
6 oz lentil soup (119 cals)
Hummus and fresh veggies sandwich (432 cals)

Total - 1706 cals

Plan for Tomorrow
6 am bike ride around Lake Sammamish (22.5 miles)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    No, no, no. You misunderstood me my dear. I want you and the rest of the princesses to PARTICIPATE in the race. None of this sissy spectating stuff! LOL. If only we could all take a month off from life and do something like that! There's plenty of stuff to do here in Atlanta. Not to mention we are 4-5 hours away from the warm waters of the Gulf and Atlantic. You'd probably feel right at home swimming in April, as the water would probably be warmer than Pacific water in July!

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger In the sky, above the clouds said…

    I was trying to find people that have done the "Tour" in Georgia when your Blog can up. Trust me you should really try and do it. I've never done it myself, however I really would love too. I live in GA but I found out about it while on a Hiking trip. We had to find a new route because the road closed for the race. It's a pretty big deal and they really picked the nicest parts of the state to ride through. Hopefully you'll get the chance. It would be worth it I'm sure. Have a great day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home