Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Wednesday, August 23

THE PLAN

I have been so stressed about work and other peoples' weddings lately that I have had little time to think about going home this weekend! I will be heading back to the EAST COAST for two glorious weeks. That means lots and lots of family and friend time. I won't lie, this also scares me a little because it means exposure to MORE and BETTER food, and time away from my favorite workout partners.

Since I started traveling a lot for work, I have gotten much, much better at working out in less than ideal places, and also practicing portion control when I can't control the food that is put in front of me. Note: I will be attending 2 weddings when I'm back in the Toronto area which would in the past be disastrous for the diet. However, this time I refuse to succumb to the temptation of alcohol, lavish dinners, desert tables and my favorite, wedding cake.

That being said, I am prepared with a plan. I will be accountable to you, my blog readers. I am finalizing my workout schedule for my time away from Seattle, and will post this before I leave on Saturday. From there, I will have a daily checklist to keep track... did I stick to "THE PLAN", and if not, why?

Finally, it's much easier to meal track when you eat less and when you stick to things you are familiar with. Normally I skip the post altogether when I have completely sabotaged my day. This time, I will pledge to post through the good times and the bad times. I just hope my food memory isn't blurred by the amount of wine I may consume at the weddings. A good bridesmaid should drink to the happy couple, I think I'll stick to sipping and stalling over long periods of time to give the appearance of drinking. I have to side with Jess on this one, it's a good thing I can cut a rug on the dance floor without booze. I'm just a much better dancer with a good buzz. :)

One thing that I am so excited about is my parents' recent commitment to fitness. It's been over 3 weeks now so I am considering it a habit! I have been very impressed with their regular walking schedules, trips to the gym and "water aerobics" classes. This is the most dedicated I have seen them in my whole life. I can't wait to share this with both of them when I go home. First on the agenda, family trip to the Peterborough Health and Wellness Center. My mom is a regular reader so she may be getting this news for the first time. Now she knows. ;)

So that's my rant for today, here's what the day has been like. We did the usual trip around the lake today and I'm still feeling a little sluggish. I'm looking forward to flying on Saturday, a forced day off!

Pre-Workout
Pria Carb Select Bar (170 cals)

Workout
22.5 mile bike ride around the lake

Post-Workout
1/2 Clif Bar (125 cals)

Breakfast
Coffee (30 cals)
Cereal (170 cals)

Lunch
2 hard boiled eggs (150 cals)
1 veggie burger patty (150 cals)
1/2 low fat cottage cheese (100 cals)
Apple (100 cals)

Afternoon Snack
Cheese String (80 cals)

Dinner (A Friend's Birthday - I think I overcounted serving size/cals but I would rather be over than under!)
Ahi tuna (150 cals)
Red wine (125 cals)
Halibut (250 cals)
1/2 cup white rice (125 cals)
Salsa (25 cals)

1/2 whole wheat roll (50 cals)
1/3 serving chocolate molten cake with vanilla ice cream (400 cals) - Give me a break, it was a birthday!


Total - 2200 cals

1 Comments:

  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    You go, girlfriend. I got your back. Just remember that dancing burns lots of calories, so you enjoy yourself a little bit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home