Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Tuesday, August 29

Kinda hurtin'

Ok, so I may be hurtin' from the run on Sunday. I know I was hurtin' near the end of the run, and I know I was in pain that night and the next day... but I think it's a little more serious than I thought.

In general, I get pretty significant pain in my knees when I run longer distances. That goes away after a couple of days. True to form, this was also the case after the long run on Sunday. Unfortunately, the ache on the outside of my right hamstring... not going away. I'm hoping it's just residual 48 hour soreness and nothing more than that.

Last night I ended up going to the gym with my cousin and it was a great time! I am trying to ease her into the working out idea and told her that it didn't matter that she was on the East coast, we could track our workouts online and that I would offer the support through cyber space. She has no excuse, she has only 2 days of class next semester which gives her 3 days plus the weekend to get to a gym (some of us wish we could have that much spare time eh?). :)

We made plans after our gym/dinner date last night to workout again this morning... and she was here, bright and early at 6:30 am to go to the gym. Today's plan was a 5 km interval workout (1 minute on, 1 minute off). I quickly realized that it would be a tough day today... totally sore and a little worried about the hamstring. But stupid me, I did it anyways... I hope I don't pay for it in recovery time. I hope that it really is just soreness and that I didn't do anything too bad to the hamstring. TBD.

So I am going to work at my parents' place again today and make my way to London, Ontario tonight. Three days of hanging out with the bride, and I'm hoping, completely off work email. I really need to treat this as a holiday, because I am counting them as my vacation days. Email will always be there and yes I will have to catch up next week... I just hope nothing catches fire while I'm out because my two main backups will also be out. I wish I had an "off" button somedays...

Alright friends, have a great few days! I will definitely try to blog while I'm out... since I love connecting with you all and reading your blogs. I will also post a wedding pic when I return... a change from the usual ponytail and running shoes. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    Sorry to hear about your hamstring! I've had so many sore spots in so many different places, its been hard for me to determine if anything was really hurt :-) I know what its like to be torn between work and vacation. The first time I went on vacation after landing a job as VP of Development, my staff harassed me constantly for the first 3 days. I finally had to pull out the tough luv and beat the crap out of them and make them :-) They'll survive a few days without ya, and grow a little in the process. Have a great time at the wedding!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home