Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Tuesday, October 17

The cottage cheese really is better in Paris!

I'm finally here, and it feels like it's been forever since I saw the girls at the club... but I guess it was just over 24 hours ago! How do I have withdrawal already?!?!?! :)

The flight over was great! I slept for 6 hours on the Seattle to Copenhagen flight and napped on the connection to Paris. I just read Dean Karnazes' book that Jess leant me... and I am so excited to run! We got off the plane at 5 pm local time, but we didn't make it through traffic to the hotel until 7 pm. By then, I'd lost the buzz cause of the long travel and just wanted to grab dinner from the grocery store across the street.

I could spend my entire life eating baguettes, cheese, tomatoes and wine! Instead, I grabbed some dark wheat bread, cottage cheese, couscous salad, carrot salad and lean ham slices from the grocery store. I have said it before, but the cottage cheese in Europe is too good to be true. It seems like it must be higher in calories but it really isn't that bad. It's so creamy and delicious... about a cup and a half for 182 calories!

So I'm catching up on email and going to get some sleep... it's 9:15 pm here. Since we don't start meetings until 3 pm tomorrow I can sleep in (which I'm sure will be 7 am for me) and go for a nice long run! Inspired by Dean, I'm going to leave the iPod in the hotel and just listen to my breathing and footsteps... placing one foot in front of the other. This should help me run a steady pace and catch some of this beautiful view too! Can't wait to update you all tomorrow! :)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    I'm surprised by the calories in the cottage cheese - the low-fat stuff I eat every day is 90 calories for 1/2 a cup. Are you sure 182?

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    You have a great time! You got me excited about that book. I ate two brownies at lunch, LOL. Do I need to add an extra mile tonight ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home