Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Thursday, October 19

Meal Tracking in Paris

Today I didn’t have the luxury of sleeping in and running late. I was meeting my team at 8:15 am which meant I had to get running by 6 am. Unfortunately, these days it’s dark until about 7:30 am in Paris, and I just wasn’t comfortable running alone at that time. Maybe I’m just chicken, but what if???

So I’m hoping to get a chance to run after meetings, before dinner. My guess though is that I might not be that lucky. If I can’t do that, I will at least do my hotel workout (strength workout) after dinner… it may not be running but it’s better than nothing!

Tracking meals while being in Paris is making me much more careful about what I’m putting in my mouth. I know I have to be accountable to you all, and you’re keeping me honest! Here is what my last couple of trips to Paris looked like:

Morning at the hotel before arriving at meetings:
Cereal with milk
Bun with meats and cheese
Yogurt
Coffee with milk
Morning meetings:
Plain and chocolate croissants
Coffee with milk
Followed by 3-4 course lunch and dinners… couldn’t even list the sabotage there!

So here is what my day is like so far... now that I'm meal tracking and blogging about it:

Cereal with milk (250 cals)
Coffee with milk (50 cals)
1 piece of lean ham (30 cals)
1 small piece of cheese (80 cals)
I have strategically place myself as far away from the croissants at the meeting as possible. Staying away from these today… even though I can smell the goodness from across the table.

Grilled veggies (75 cals)
Beef slices (200 cals)
Potato (50 cals)
Green beans (15 cals)
Brie cheese (100 cals)
Bun (100 cals)
Skipped the Crème Brulee and Chocolates for desert! Have to move them out of arm’s reach. And thank goodness for that, 400 calories for a ½ cup of crème brulee!

Total (950 cals)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger In the sky, above the clouds said…

    Isn't it crazy how you really watch what you eat when you know that you are going to have to be accountable for it later? You're doing great.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home