Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Wednesday, August 30

Tiiiiiired...

Ok! So the plan last night was to make the 3 hour trip to London. That didn't happen... it was a busy day of work, and I didn't get offline until about 9 EST (and I still hadn't packed yet). I decided to pack last night, get up today to workout here and then head up to London.

I made my way to the gym with my cousin at 6 am... 3 days in a row, I'm impressed with her dedication. What is it, 3 weeks makes it a habit? I will encourage her to stick with it for 3 weeks and hope that she catches "our bug".

This morning the plan was to do 30 minutes of cardio followed by the 8 essential moves for strength training. I did the responsible thing. I decided last night that if I wanted to make sure I didn't do my hamstring in, I would avoid lifting for anything below the waist. So today I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and some core exercises + pushups (350 cals burned). To be honest, I was beat! I haven't taken time off after the long run... ok, it's only Wednesday so I know that's not the excuse.

Here's the confession. Are you ready for it? I *may* have spent Sunday and Tuesday nights on the phone with a certain boy until a ridiculously late hour. My blog base isn't huge yet so yes, I'm ok with blogging this... the description on my blog says that I will comment on "all other random things that come to mind". So, since my friends can blog about their amazing husbands and children and how they work their training around a family life, I figure it would be ok to drop a line about the boy.

My friends are probably going "WHAT? We haven't heard about any NEW boy and WHY don't we know about NEW BOY?" Truth is, I am trying not to jinx it... which you know, now that I have blogged about it it's bound to fall apart. :) So I'm a little embarassed but when I say ridiculously late hour, I mean it... we're talking "highschool girl talking to her crush" late hour. Or, for those of us who get up at 4 am... if it weren't the end of summer, it would be "getting light outside" late hour. I'm moving on very little sleep but I'm officially on holidays so I can take it.

I can't believe I just admitted to that. The funny thing is that I am at home in my parents' house and they think I'm crazy. My mom is excited that I'm excited about new boy, but she also thinks it's nuts that I can talk to someone for over 5 hours at a time. How else are you going to get to know someone when you take off to the East coast for 2 weeks? :)

I'm sure I'll get lots of comments about this so bring it on... I'll have my Smartphone with me today and I'll be getting your comments as they come into my email inbox. Let the teasing begin! And no, you can't have a link to his match.com profile so don't even ask. :)

4 Comments:

  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger Wes said…

    Hmphhhh. I'm suprised you don't have young men flocking to you like flies to...umm...errr...honey! Yea, that's it! Honey! Vacation is just a different kind of tired. That's my motto. Do try and get some rest...

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yay, match.com! That's how me and my fiance met, and that's how my best friend and her fiance met. I'm just sayin'...

    So, what's his user name? :)

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Regan said…

    Woot! You go girl! I hope he turns out to be your "Lewis". :)

    I'm impressed with your workout - it just the right thing to work around injuries and do what you can, not what is necessarily in the plan. The body doesn't work according to a plan! Danielle is always talking to me about this - way be flexible! :)

    Hugs,

    Regan

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Oh fun! And just to add to it, match.com is how my friend Joanne met her hubby. :-) Can't wait for our next long run and all the juicy details!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home