Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Monday, September 11

Back to the blogging world!

It feels like it's been so long since I last blogged and it really has... but I'm back! Back from traveling and back to writing AND READING the blogs!

Just a quick summary of last week... after the wedding I knew that I had to start the week right and get back on track. I did! I worked out Monday through Thursday and took Friday off to recover before my long run Saturday. Happy I did! I ran for 16.5 miles (all alone in Peterborough) on Saturday. The weather was perfect... it was raining when I started out and cool, which combated the humidity Ontario normally gets. I felt great for the first 10 miles, got a little rough through 12 and the last 4.5 up a steady incline and into some strong wind was tough! But I did it!

Had you asked me before I left if I would have done 2 of the 3 long runs I had blanned and worked out for 10 of the 14 days I had planned to work out I would have thought that was generous. But other than the 4 days that I lost to being a bridesmaid, things worked out great!

The new shoes definitely helped out the long run but I'm still feeling some pain on the homestretch of the long runs. So after dragging my feet for way too long, I have finally booked an apt to see the osteopath this Thursday! I'm hoping this makes the long run this weekend feel much better. I have also booked an apt to see the podiatrist at the Pro Club tomorrow afternoon because it's time to reassess my feet and get new orthodics. There really is no fooling around any more, I have to start making time to take care of my body or I'll be out before I get close to marathon day. I'm no longer taking a back seat to work, funny how your body will make you make yourself a priority. Did that make any sense? :)

Oh, speaking of which... I didn't go on the 6:30 bike ride with Jess this morning because I had a 7 am con call instead. I had emailed the meeting organizer last week to ask him to move the time, and he insisted that it stick. He emailed out the doc for review last night at 11 pm and was a NO SHOW this morning. Ask me how p*$@(# I was! Claimed he had "laptop issues". After work today we're going straight to the Mariners game so he basically wasted my one opportunity to workout this morning. Does anyone else get bitter when this type of thing happens? The least he could have done was gotten on the phone to tell us he had problems so that we weren't all sitting there waiting! I wish people had more respect for other people's time, we had groups from the UK and France on the phone too.

Wow, I have a lot of haterade when people interrupt my regularly scheduled workout time. :)

Back to tracking this week! Challenge tonight will be to stay in control at the Mariners game tonight. The beer, not such a big problem... the hot dogs, bigger problem. :)

Breakfast
Veggie egg beater omelet (100 cals)
Brown toast with peanut butter and jam (200)

Coffee (30 cals)

Lunch
Cafeteria salad (450 cals)

3 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I get just as mad as you do in situations like that. One time when it happened to me, the no-show tried to re-schedule for the exact same time the following week. Um, not a chance! Ruin my workout once, shame on you. Ruin it twice, shame on me! :)

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Regan said…

    So awesome to have you back, Aleks!! Can't wait to meet up with you this week and share long-run stories. :) Hang in there at work - I know those things are sooooo frustrating!

    Hugs,

    Regan

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    Welcome back, Aleks! Don't know about the other princesses, but I did miss you :-) Great job on the 16 mile run, and yes, ya gotta take care of your body right? Ain't that what everyone has been trying to teach me! In our hectic life, workout time is so precious, but there is no sense getting stressed out over something you had no control over. Plus, it interferes with the thought processes of cold blooded revenge :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home