Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Monday, September 4

Still alive I think!

Ok, I have been completely MIA on the blog since Wednesday, but also MIA on the exercise and diet train. However, I have been anything but alone. In fact, other than in the shower or in the few hours I have between Wednesday and last night, I have not had a second to myself.

I had planned to get up in the mornings and run with my friend the bride leading up to the wedding. But to be honest, I just didn't have it. I got into town on Wednesday night and have not stopped moving until I got back late last night. The only thing I did stick to was being a good bridesmaid and a good time. ;)

The last four days were filled from early morning to late night with wedding errands, dress fittings (which didn't go so well), eating, drinking, dancing and visiting family and friends. I had hoped that I would magically have the energy to get up a couple of hours before the rest of the wedding party and workout in the mornings... not so easy when you're up late and know you have a long day ahead and really want the sleep.

That being said, I can't remember the last time I took 4 days off working out. It's so odd... it used to be completely normal not to workout for much longer periods of time. These days, I start to feel really uncomfortable and not at all like myself. So I thought today I would be all over working out... but wow, to my surprise, after finally getting some sleep... I'm moving slower than I thought. I guess that there is something very tiring about being on the go from the minute you wake up until you minute you go to sleep, but I just can't get motivated.

So the plan for today is this... I just downloaded a boat load of email from last week to get through today (yes, on Labor Day). I just can't go into next week this far behind. I'm then going to pack up and go to Toronto and check into the hotel. I'm meeting my friend tonight and we're going to go for a nice run along the Toronto waterfront... we like to do active things together. It's a great way to catch up and get our exercise in. :) Oh right, and today is the day I start eating normally again... and hydrating... I am SO dehydrated I feel sick.

Off to get the day going. Hope you all had a great weekend, looking forward to catching up on my blog reading this week! :)

3 Comments:

  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    People just don't realize how much energy all that stuff takes, until they do it themselves! Glad you are having a great time, and a run along the waterfront in Toronto sounds heavenly!

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I had a rough weekend on the nutrition front too... oh well, you do the best you can and get back on track as soon as possible! (Which it sounds like you did!)

     
  • At 5:13 AM, Blogger Regan said…

    It's sooooo hard to eat right on vacation. So hang in there! And good for you to recognize your dehydration - getting rehydrated will really help! Can't wait for you to get back!!!

    Regan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home