Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Tuesday, September 19

Feeling Guilty

I've been bad... really bad. It's no secret, I haven't been feeling up to par the last couple of weeks and the aches in my body aren't going away. I am slacking on the training and what do I do? Rather than eating really healthy and staying on plan, I spiral... way down.

Where did this downward spiral start? Somewhere between traveling, work, dating, being bummed about not feeling great, and of course, FOOTBALL SEASON. Those of you who know me know that I'm not a big drinker. Correction, not anymore. In my prime, I not only enjoyed the nightly glass of wine (or 2-3) with dinner but also the weekend boozefest with my friends. However, this all ended early this year when I decided that it was a lot more fun to workout with new friends, than it was to drink and get fat with my drinking friends.

So what is going on with me lately? Where has the motivation gone? What is my excuse? Is there an excuse, especially with The Challenge being underway? Saturday I ran 9.5 miles with Nancy followed by the cycling class with Danielle. But that was the morning... college football starts at 2 pm. College football tends to go well with alcohol and food... for 8 glorious hours. That was Saturday.

Sunday I didn't workout, I was up early to make my way to Qwest Field for the Seahawks home opener. I went down with one of my good friends, one that I always enjoyed partying with. More bad news... more drinking and more food (stadium food). Gawwwwwd!

I decided to sleep in Monday and give my body one more day to recover in hopes that I would magically wake up Tuesday morning and feel great. The diet yesterday was actually pretty good, except for the "vanilla ice cream and cinnamon & brown sugar peaches" slip up I had at 10 pm last night. 10 pm?!?!? Who the hell eats ice cream at 10 pm? Really?

Ok, so today is a new day. Offically. I got up this morning and met Jess and Nancy at the club at 5 am for a longer run. I felt decent, much better than the last few runs... but it was dark and rainy. We dropped Nancy off at the club after 4.8 miles. She's a trooper. She dilligently attends the Mon/Wed "Sculpt in 4 Weeks" class each session. Yesterday they had a killer leg workout and she still managed to do 5 miles in the crappy weather. Jess and I continued on for another 2.2 miles, 7 miles total. I felt so much better this morning after working out than on my non-workout days. Exercise really does release happy hormones. :)

I have lots of off days to make up for so today I have to stick to the nutrition plan. So here it goes.

Pre-Workout
1/2 Pria Bar (85 cals)

Breakfast
Cereal with banana and skim milk (340 cals)
Coffee (30 cals)

Lunch (aka. the downfall)
Thai... family style. Can't even determine total quantity and calories. I was going in for another helping and stopped myself, but still!

Dinner
Veggie and shrimp stir fry (no rice) (200 cals)
Whole wheat crackers with laughing cow cheese (100 cals)
And yes, vanilla ice cream with peaches and Galaxy granola

Total
???

3 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yay, THERE you are! I was wondering where you had gone!

    Don't worry about the weekend (or Monday night icecream). Today is a new day and you can do it! :)

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    Well, Aleks, you've been on a mental and probably emotional roller coaster these past couple of weeks. I think your body was just telling you what you needed to do. Unwind. I eat ice cream at 10 PM at night, LOL. My latest transgression, which are VERY infrequent by the way, was a bowl of banana pudding that Dee Dee and I split. You'll get back into your happy groove soon! Sounds like you are off to a fantastic start.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Unfortunately, I already heard the confession of last night's breakdown (not yet blogged).

    Let's do this, Aleks: when you're about to eat something that shouldn't be in the plan, CALL ME. And I'll do the same. Let's try to make these evening indulgences rare instead of common.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home