Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Wednesday, October 25

Truly Blessed

I know I have mentioned this so many times before, but I have to say it again. I am blessed with having the best friends and most motivating training partners a girl could ever have. Jess, Wendy and Danielle are now tapering for the NYC marathon. I am still climbing since the Seattle marathon is 3 weeks after NYC. That being said, I have 20 miles on the schedule this week, and the ladies have about 6.

Nancy and Sarah are training for the Seattle half marathon and they have about 8 miles on the schedule this week. Tosha who has run 4 marathons is just joining us for long runs cause she enjoys running. So given that I have at least 12 more miles on the agenda than anyone else, you'd think I'd be running alone. But no! My supportive friends have figured out a way to run with me for all but the first 2 miles of the run (some running longer than planned)! How you say? Here is the amazing plan that Jess put together:

8 a.m.: Aleks leaves the Starbucks on Alki for 20 minutes of solo running wherever she wants
8:20 a.m.: Nancy meets Aleks back at the Starbucks and they run the first half of the gmap route way below
9:50 a.m.: Aleks and Nancy return to Starbucks; Jess, Danielle, and Wendy leave with Aleks for the second half of the gmap route
10:10 a.m.: Hey! There’s Latosha, at Emma Schmitz Memorial Overlook! She joins in the fun
11:20 a.m.: We’re back at Latosha’s car. She drives over to the brunch place and waits for us.
11:40 a.m.: All done running!
Noon: Brunch (this gives us a little buffer)


I think some are going to stray from pieces of this plan, but this is the general idea. 20 miles of running with wonderful women followed by brunch! HOW LUCKY AM I?!?!?!

This morning I met with Wendy and ran about 6 miles. It was tough! I was totally feeling the pain for soccer on Monday followed by spinning with Danielle. My hamstrings were tight! I’m definitely going to spent some time in the hot tub and stretching at the club before the long run on Saturday!

Bread with PB and jam (100 cals)

6 mile run (610 cals)

20/20 pro club shake (290 cals)
Milk in coffee (30 cals)


Sandwich (400 cals)

Non-fat latte (115 cals)

Total (935 cals)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    Yes you are blessed! That is a very impressive run. You are going to kick bootay!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home