Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Sunday, January 28

Heading home!

What a great trip! I can't remember the last time I had such a great business trip followed by quality family time! However, I am ready to go home... and be back on a normal schedule and back at the gym.

I am waiting at Heathrow for my flight home through Copenhagen. My flight is delayed and the last time this happened I missed my connection and my bags were lost. I hope I'll have better luck this time!

While I wait I thought I'd jot some things down about the rest of my trip and my week ahead so I don't hesitate to get back on track. I had a couple of wonderful days with my brother (P) and sister-in-law (A). Yesterday we spent the day in
Windsor, followed by an amazing dinner at home and a night in watching movies (You, Me and Dupree, An Inconvenient Truth and Cars). It was the perfect way to end a busy week!

Here's what I'm planning for this upcoming week to get my body detoxed of this British food and booze!

Monday - 6 am cycling and weight training (hopefully I get some sleep at home tonight!)
Tuesday - Swimming (and maybe yoga?)
Wednesday - 60 minutes of cardio and weight training
Thursday - Swimming (and maybe yoga?)
Friday - Danielle's cycling class and weight training
Saturday - Something fun that is easy on the legs

Still no running... not while I'm still feeling knee pain just walking around. I hope this doesn't last.
Jess is also out from running for a while so it's a *little* easier to stay away from running.

This week I'm also going to return to eating similar foods to what I ate at my parent's place in Canada... no calorie counting, just wholesome foods that worked well. Oatmeal and berries, fish, lean meats, whole grains, vegetables, LOTS OF WATER and nuts, apples with peanut butter and flax. And no alcohol... I have been on a bit of a bender since Jan 7th which is a long time for me. Besides the extra calories, I don't get enough water in and I now feel completely dehydrated (good time to get on a plane, NOT!) :)


Here are some pics of the three of us yesterday, see you all soon!


P and A at the gates of Windsor Castle. I can't properly describe how gigantic this place was.

Mmmmmm... beer. Ewwww... Guiness. Taken for effect only, and for the beer mustache. :)

Me and P...

Me and A... the reflective tape on my running gloves lit up half of the pictures taken yesterday. :)

A... 13 weeks pregnant. She's going to kill me for posting this, but I had to... I wish I looked this good pregant!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger Jodi said…

    Cute pics!

    Sounds like you had an awesome time! I love movie night. So therapeutic- especially with family.

    Have a safe flight back!

    Jodi

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Wes said…

    Not only is guiness good for you. It only has 90 calories! Brilliant!!! Be safe coming home. Great pics!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home