Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Tuesday, January 23

Hello from London!!!

I left the house Sunday at 4:30 pm Seattle time and we arrived at the hotel last night (Monday) at 7 pm London time. I was hoping to get in 30 minutes of cardio but our flight was 1.5 hours delayed and I just wanted to shower, eat and sleep!

I can't complain about jet lag, my coworkers usually suffer more than I do. The tough part about this trip is that you're tired around 10 pm (Seattle afternoon nap time), pass out and wake up at 2 am bright eyed and bushy tailed. Then you're in meetings "bobbing for apples" all afternoon, fighting the urge to fall asleep. :)

I forgot my melatonin at home so took a couple of Advils hoping that it would help me sleep through 8 am. I know, who was I kidding... 10 pm to 8 am? I woke up at 2 am thinking, HEEEEELLLL NO and forced myself back to sleep! I woke up every hour after that, and finally giving in at 5:30. An hour to kill before the fitness center at the hotel opened... giving me time to unpack and get organized for the day.

I made my way down to the gym which was nice and big. It is right next to the pool area so it was pretty humid in there and watching people swim made me regret having forgotten my swimsuit! It was nice though, I was the only woman surrounded by about a dozen men... mmmmm... some were darn cute!

I ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes and was feeling "that pain" right away. I want to focus on healing so I'm going to spend time cross training and stop running altogether for a couple of weeks. I followed up the treadmill with 30 minutes on the bike (pain free!) and then 30 minutes of strength training. I officially began base training today and didn't let my heart rate go over 155, except when I wasn't paying attention at some point lifting weights and managed to get up to 173. Oooops, I'll keep a closer eye on that next time. It was obvious to me that I've been away from the weight room for 2+ weeks, so it will be good to get back to a consistent program. It felt so great getting back to the gym today, I'm jazzed to get my day going!

I showered and ordered some breakfast since we're not meeting until noon today. Oh, something is up with the water here. My hair feels yucky, like I didn't wash it at all... almost greasy. It smells good so hopefully people don't think I skipped the morning shower altogether! :)

I haven't ventured outside yet, so you'll have to settle for pictures of the hotel room this morning! Here you go!



Who's this? Chris McCormack in my bed? Lucky me!

Random rooms pics... followed by breakfast and morning coffee. Poached eggs on wheat toast, kiwi, grapefruit, banana, cereal... I have to hide the fruit and cereal so housekeeping doesn't take it away while I'm at the office!

Cheers, Starbucks and McDonald's outside my hotel?

6 Comments:

  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    I love the pool and the room.

    Have fun!

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Jessica said…

    I'm so jealous! I wish I were there with you. :-)

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The picture with you and your cup of coffee is hilarious. All you needed was your pinky out. :)
    -Tosha

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jodi said…

    Wow! Nice Digs.

    Whenever I go out that way I stay up, bright eyed until 2 am. Good luck adjusting!

    Great pics!

    Jodi

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    Naughty, naughty, girl! LOL. Got a man in your bed already!! Sounds like you are off to a great start! Have fun....

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said…

    Cheers? That's cool!!! Do they yell "Aleks" when you walk in? :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home