Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Monday, February 5

Monday

See, like I never skipped a beat. ;-) Ok, one week beat to be exact! And it's not that I didn't exercise last week, but between getting up early to go to the gym, being swamped at work and crashing super early from jet lag, blogging was voted off the island. But after hearing my mom complain 4 days in a row now that I haven't blogged, I figured it was time to be an adult and stay up past 8 pm and get caught up! Plus, I missed you all and had questions like about Wes' job hunt and Jess' boot!

So, I have caught up on some (but not all) of your blogs yet (but I will)! It's 9:20 and I'm fighting to keep my eyes open, so I just wanted to say that I'm alive. I'm getting up early tomorrow to do some cardio and weights. I also have a PT appointment tomorrow so I'm hoping she'll have some good news about my progress and an ETA on running. I have major running withdrawal, it's so weird.

Jess also tagged me on Thursday (this is how out of the loop I am) so I'll get on that tomorrow. For now, all I can think of is sleep. Like I said, I don't normally get jet lag and I can't imagine that it's still remnants of the trip to London. But they say it takes a day to recover for every hour in time difference. That would make today the last recovery day... maybe my body is trying to fight off something that I picked up on the plane? I don't know, whatever it is, my body called, it wants it's energy back. Wow, you know you're tired when you're throwing out really tragic one liners.

P.S. I am a little depressed. Yesterday was both the best and worst day of the year. I love Superbowl Sunday for all of the fun and excitement that it brings, but it also marks the end of the best sports season. Now all I have to look forward to is March Madness and Hockey Night in Canada.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Jodi said…

    I love March Madness. The weird thing is, I don't really like basketball. But there's something about that tournament that is just so exciting every year!

    Jodi

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Wes said…

    If being an adult means you have to stay up past 8 PM, then I want my childhood back!! I can't imagine having a PST to GMT jet lag. It was bad enough going from the East Coast to Germany. Get some (more) rest and let us know how your recovery is coming!!

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank heavens for your Mom! Since you haven't been able to run with us on the dark, cold (make that sub-freezing), foggy morning runs your blog is the only way I can keep up with what you're doing :-)

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said…

    ALL you have to look forward to is MARCH MADNESS! That's the BEST time of the year! with NBA playoffs shortly behind it!

    Nice to see you back in Bloggerland, Aleks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home