Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Thursday, October 26

Temptation

This morning I met Nancy, Jess and Kathy for a 6 mile run. Wow, my legs are still super tight from soccer and cycling… but I want to make sure I keep the miles up. I do want to prevent injury, but this close to taper time I just want to keep running!

So on to the topic of my blog today… temptation. My team has been working really, really hard so I wanted to do something nice and brought them a box of bagels, cream cheese, danishes, muffins and cinnamon buns. Oh, and I also brought them a big box of chocolates from Paris! I would love to eat a bagel but I know that it would last about 2 hours before I got hungry again. So I had my usual morning coffee and 20/20 shake today to hold me over until lunch.

I’m at work now and my team is streaming in and picking up some goodies. The box is within arms reach, and smells soooooo good! I can smell the cinnamon and apple and berry. I read in a book that just looking at and smelling food CAN actually make you gain weight. The idea being that it releases some sort of hormone that makes you want to eat… everything in sight. Solution, MOVE THE BOX ALREADY!!!

Done, box is now in the kitchen where I can’t see it and don’t have to walk by it. Safe and sound. Here are the details for today:

Bread with PB and J (100 cals)

6 mile run (610 cals)

20/20 shake (290 cals)
Milk in coffee (30 cals)


Sashimi (450 cals)

Non-fat latte (115 cals)

Total (985 cals)

3 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    What kind of bread can you eat with PB&J and only have 100 calories?

    Peanut butter is 100 cals/TBSP; Jelly is usually 25/TBSP; bread is usually 100/slice. Tell me your secrets, or confess you're using bad numbers. :-)

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Aleks said…

    I was wondering if I'd get that question! 45 calories per slice... I wouldn't say that it's exactly "nutritious", but it's a place holder for the pb and j! Also, I seriously skimp on the pb and use the sugar free jam that's 10 calories per tbsp. This is my pre-gym substitute because I'm out of Pria bars!!!

    Bread
    http://www.saralee.com/saraleebrand/product_detail.aspx?product=251&category=24

    Jam
    http://www.smuckers.com/fg/pds/default.asp?groupid=1&catid=18&prodid=541

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    I would be but a shadow of my former self if I ate like that :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home