Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Friday, November 10

"Rest Day"

I can’t count how many times I have said that I would take it easy in Danielle’s Friday spinning class to allow myself to recover before a long run on the weekend. Well today, I really did it… it killed me, but I did it! I took Sunday off after the 20-miler last weekend but I won’t be able to take another day off until Wednesday of next week! That meant that if I wanted to be in class today, I really would have to take it easy.

It was HARD to do! Danielle makes indoor cycling so much fun! Yesterday I left a CD at the club for her to incorporate into class, so it also meant that a lot of my current favorite songs were played during today’s ride. And guess what, in an entire hour of a strength ride, I didn’t get out of the saddle once! The only times I stood up was to stretch my legs… I leisurely spun my legs for the entire 60 minutes… no drills, no real sprinting, nothing! To prove it, rather than burning the usual 500+ calories I only burned 389! I even resisted the temptation to keep up with the other male triathletes in the class.

I’m hoping this beginning of the marathon taper really pays off on the run! I want to feel rested, fresh and I don’t want one bit of a hamstring issue coming back to haunt me!

By the way, it’s raining again today. Are any of you surprised? This is date day… not as much fun in the rain… or maybe it is? ;)

Today’s data:

110 calorie Pria bar (110 cals)

60 minutes spinning (389 cals)

20/20 shake (290 cals)


Turkey burger (450 cals)

Total (850 cals)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    If you are going to be serious about working out, then you HAVE to be serious about tapering too. Annnnnd..... If you are going to tell us about date night, we want to hear the good stuff!

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did I just read Ez and Spin class in the same sentance? Sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up but remember, rest is there for a reason. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home