Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Tuesday, October 31

A hint of a soccer blinder!

Blinder = A fantastic performance where one displays both skill, strength, speed, determination and leadership
Shocker = An utterly disappointing and embarrassing performance where one should consider hanging up the boots for good

Two terms that had been introduced to me by a Scottish soccer coach in university. Last night, after taking Wes' advice and being patient in my pursuit to find my old soccer self, I had a hint of a blinder. I felt like I was finally starting to keep up a fast pace, run off the ball, push forward and come back. Don't get me wrong, I'm still sucking some serious wind and at times left "picking up my shorts" after getting schooled by much faster and stronger guys with ball skills. But overall, it just feels good! We won a close one last night, 14-12... I netted 2 and had 3 assists! More imprinted, I played some solid defense and had a lot of fun!

I may have also had "words" with another player, ending with him getting thrown out of the arena, but we don't need to focus on that... Kirk, just thought you'd like to know that I still have the passion! POLSKA!!!

Ok, ok... enough reliving the glory days. I took this morning off running because I can't get to sleep after a late soccer game and 4 hours of sleep/recovery is not enough to get me through a run and the long day ahead. I'm going to try to get out on a run today at some point, may be a little tough with meetings and trick or treating. In the meantime, gotta stay away from the baskets of Halloween chocolate stationed every 3 offices in my building!

Data for today:

20/20 shake (290 cals)
Coffee with milk (30 cals)

Non-fat latte (115 cals)

Chicken breast strips with bamboo shoots (200 cals)
1.5 cups veggie medley (200 cals)

Total (835 cals)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Wes said…

    Getting someone ejected should automatically qualify last night's game for a blinder. And two goals? You go, girl!! That's tremendous.

    Here's another quote I'm sure you are already familiar with to help ya out with that shorts thing.

    "Either the ball or the player can go past you, but never both!" Especially if its a dude. As a ref, however, don't tell anyone I said that :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home