Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Wednesday, November 8

Blogging for motivation!

Since I wasn’t meeting anyone at the gym this morning (I know, gasp! Working out alone?!?!?), I stayed up late last night downloading music from iTunes for my iPod. I couldn’t stand the thought of riding a bike at the gym and doing weights without some good tunes to pump me up. So, I decided to sleep in this morning and fit my workout in later in the day.

What’s my point? I have the after lunch ZZZZZZZs and I know that if I blog about going to the gym at 3 pm (15 minutes from now), I will go to the gym at 3 pm! I’m working at my vendor’s office today and they have a small little gym downstairs (one treadmill, one elliptical trainer, one bike and some weights). Apparently it stays pretty empty so I’m looking forward to a quiet workout with my new tunes… very different from the busy Pro Club!

We went out for a team lunch today and I proposed sushi… people love sushi so it went over well. Went over well with me because it meant that I could easily control the calorie intake… sashimi! Here’s the data for today:

20/20 shake (290 cals)
Milk in coffee (30 cals)

Sashimi (350 cals)

6 cashews (50 cals)


Made it to the gym... wanted to take it easy on the legs so I rode the bike for 30 minutes (200 cals) and then did upper body and core strenght training (125 cals)

low fat cottage cheese (75 cals)
2 low fat string cheese (120 cals)

Crackers with cheese (100 cals)

Brown rice with shrimp and pesto (450 cals)

Total (1465 cals)

6 Comments:

  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    I luv sushi! But I gotta have the rice :-)

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Jodi said…

    Hi Aleks! Welcome to HM express!

    Holy moly, girl. You gotta be careful about that calorie intake. If you consume <1100 per day you could putting the body into starvation mode which won't help you lose weight at all. The last thing you need to do to your body when you're young is trash your metabolism. Be especially careful on long training days. Don't mean to be preachy- nutrition is one of my side obsessions.

    :)

    Jodi

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Aleks said…

    :) Just updated with dinner.

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I love sushi... so tasty and easy to control in terms of calories!

    :) Sarah

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger In the sky, above the clouds said…

    It's hard working out alone! I feel your pain! At least your going to workout still thats part the battle.
    My Ipod is LOADED with a million songs to keep me going through-out my solo workouts...it helps!
    Keep dry with all that rain!

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Dee Dee said…

    Me personally think Sushi is bait. Just kidding. It looks like something on the the end of a fish hook though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home