Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Wednesday, November 1

0°C... might as well be running in Ontario!

After telling all of these brave stories about running in -20°C weather, in face masks and 4 layers of clothing I wasembarrassedd that I had such a hard time getting out of bed for our run this morning.

Truth is, I was tired, it was freezing out and I had eaten too much junk and Halloween candy last night. More truth, it was the candy guilt that got me out of bed this morning... sorry ladies, for once it was not the thought of seeing your beautiful faces on the run this morning. :)

It took a while to warm up but by the end it was such a beautiful (but still cold) morning. The sun was shining so brightly it just made me appreciate meeting the ladies for the run, cause I wouldn't have been there without them! I went home and showered, and on my way to work was rockin' out to some great music. I had to smile because I know that if I hadn't gotten up to run, I wouldn't have felt nearly this great today!

Data for today:

Toast with cream cheese and jam (100 cals)

4 mile run (400 cals)

Egg beateromelete (50 cals)
1/2 piece of toast (70 cals)
1/2 cup cottage cheese (100 cals)
fruit (130 cals)
Milk in coffee (30 cals)

Salad (400 cals)

Asian pear (75 cals)

Cheesestick (60 cals)

Total (1015 cals)

2 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I feel your pain with the freezing a.m. runs... I went out early yesterday, and I swear it took me 20 minutes before I could bare my hands (had them scrunched up in my sleeves, I hate running with gloves cause I *always* want to take them off after a while, no matter how cold it is)... and at least 25 mins til I felt warm. That cold air bites (I know, 0C isn't that cold.. it just feels that way!)!

    You asked what my thesis is about... I'm doing my MSc at UBC in Biology, and my focus is species at risk protection policy development. I am doing a comparative case study between the Canadian and Australian approaches to species at risk protection. I've enjoyed it but am SO GLAD to be nearly done. Thanks for asking! :)

    Take care for now,
    Sarah

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Wes said…

    I'll file this little bit of inspiration away for future reference. You are amazing...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home