Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Thursday, November 9

Second Annual Diva Dash!

Hi everyone!

I am so happy to announce that we have registered a team for the
2006 Diva Dash! What is the Diva Dash?

The Diva Dash is a 5km walk/fun run and 1km little diva dash. It is held in Seattle on December 2nd and all proceeds from the event go to
Girls on the Run! I participated in this wonderful event in it’s inaugural year last year, and had a great time! Women and girls of all fitness levels, shapes, sizes and ages participated in the event. The smiles were huge and the costumes were beautiful! I especially loved the young girls participating in the 1 km little diva dash… what a way to get girls involved in sports early in their lives.

Our team name is, what else, Princess Power! I invite all of the women in the area (whether or not you have ever walked/run 5 km) to sign up and if you’d like, join our team. The more the merrier, we will get “Queen Treatment” at the event for being part of a team. I can’t stress enough that this is a fun event! We will walk, run, skip and dance across the finish line in celebration of the wonderful friendships we have created through running.

I would love for anyone and everyone to join us on that day! If you’re interested, leave a comment on the blog and I will email you the team password to join. J

In other news, this morning was the first run we had in a long time where it didn’t pour on us. It’s sprinkled a little, but nothing to write home about. And it was a nice short one, 4 miles!

Data for today:

20/20 shake (290 cals)
Coffee in milk (30 cals)

20/20 southwest chicken salad (380 cals)


Non-fat latte (115 cals)
1/2 cup low fat yogurt (100 cals)

8 oz chicken noodle soup (100 cals)
20/20 chicken penne pasta (390 cals)
Side veggies (50 cals)

Total (1455 cals)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I wanna play! I ran the Diva Dash last year solo and it was so fun. I imagine it will be even more fun with a team! Count me in!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home