Fitty on the West Coast

A daily account of a misplaced Canadian working, living and training on the West coast...

Monday, November 6

A little busy! ;)

2 important notes first!

Jess, Wendy and Danielle completed the NYC marathon - Full report here!
Wes has created a 1/2 marathon virtual training team - Details available here! Smoe, I think you would love this virtual team! After all, you are now a 10ker and you're working up to the 30ker... the 1/2 marathon is the next logical step. :)

Where have I been?

Thursday - Team offsite ALL day!
Friday - Back to back meetings all day, followed by a date night!
Saturday - 20 mile run, followed by lunch, shopping and then out cold lounging and sleeping! Side note, this was the last long run before the taper, it's all downhill from here!
Sunday - Out of the house from 9:30 am to 11 pm!

Is today Monday? I believe it is. :) Regan and I met at the gym this morning for Josh's 6 am cycling class. It was tough! Set a new record for calories burned in a spinning class, 579 big ones! Then I changed my shorts and we went down to do some weights. Total burned for the day was 820 cals.

I'm starting my 3 week taper period, and someone please let me know if this is a bad idea... but what I want to do is really stick to the weights 3x per week during this period. I'm also going to really cut back the carbs since I won't need them so much for the running (except for the week of the race). Carbs (even the good 100% whole wheat kind) set off a long chain of eating for me. It leads to peanut butter and a lot of candy/wine. The protein really keeps me satisfied longer and I don't get the sugar highs and lows. Anyways, let me know if this seems like bad timing for the marathon.

Quick food data for today:

Powerbar (130 cals)

Spinning and weights (820 cals)

20/20 shake (290 cals)
Milk in coffee (30 cals)

Nancy's HOMEMADE Caribbean pumpkin soup... very delicious I have to add (250 cals)

Non-fat latte (115 cals)
Apple (75 cals)

Crackers (65 cals)
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese (100 cals)

3/4 cup brown rice (165 cals)
1.5 cups pork vegetable stir fry (300 cals)

Total (1520 cals)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:03 AM, Blogger Wes said…

    I thought you'd been busty. No advice on the taper stuff, except I don't see how weight training would affect your running, as long as your aren't doing legs. I'll be paying close attention to your taper diet too to see how it goes. Good luck!

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger Wes said…

    Oops. Sorry about the busty thing :-) I meant BUSY, LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home